Sunday, March 11, 2012

God if there is a way make her Mine.

2 years age March 11th 2010. Looking back That last day in Haiti we spent at the orphanage saying our goodbyes was one of the hardest days of my life. For most of the visit that day nether Daphnica or I said much. I felt if I said to much I would burst into tears. She mostly sat on my lap and slept as I held her small body close to me wondering if this was the last time we would ever see each other. I remember what it was like to hold her small hand in mine. That day I prayed a very simple prayer God if there is a way make her Mine. I was not there the night she was born. But to me she was born the first time I held her in my arms. I will never forget those days. When we said no words we just held each other. I would watch as she slept in my arms. Wanting so badly in my heart for her to be mine. She seemed so small and if I held her to tight something would break. For two years now I have carried her in my heart and she is mine. I was not there when on January 12th 2010 when Haiti's earth shook and a cinder block wall fell around my daughter. But I was there this March 7th when our house shook from a small quake. I was the one to hold her close and tell her it was going to be ok. Thank you God for answering my prayers. Now I pray once again if there is a way please make our papers to be finished.
This photo was taken by someone on the trip team in 2010. It brings back so many feelings and thoughts. Because it was taken as I was praying for her to be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment